The sixteenth season of Air Crash Investigation started airing in 2016 and concluded in early 2017. The season contained 10 episodes.
- 1999 South Dakota crash
- American Airlines flight 77
- The Tenerife airport disaster
- China Airlines flight 120
- Proteus Airlines flight 706
- Trans-Colorado Airlines flight 2286
- Germanwings flight 9525
- Garuda Indonesia flight 421
- Indonesia AirAsia flight 8501
- National Airlines flight 102
- Deadly Silence
- 9/11: The Pentagon Attack
- Disaster at Tenerife
- Deadly Detail
- Deadly Detour
- Dangerous Approach
- Murder in the Skies
- River Runway
- Deadly Solution
- Afghan Nightmare
- The Tenerife disaster was previously shown in the special "Crash of the Century".
- This is the first season since the thirteenth, to feature Airbus A320 accident(s).
- Season 16 is the fourth season in total to include 10 episodes.
- The sixteenth season was the second season to start airing in 2016, but wasn't concluded before in early 2017.
- The seventeenth season started airing a week after the sixteenth season was concluded.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.